Murray was doing so well sleeping through the night and suddenly we're back to square one. He is waking up every three hours for a bottle, or just to play. Last night Craig fed him at 10:00, then again at 2:30, and at 4:00 he decided that he just wanted to be awake. Out of desperation, I finally brought him in with us (which we never do) and he went right to sleep until 7:30 this morning. I cannot and will not bring him into bed with us again, but at least now we know that he's tired enough to keep sleeping. The trick is to get him to go back to sleep. We have tried everything we can think of. He puts himself to sleep at nap time and bed time. We don't rock him to sleep because we thought it wise to let him teach himself how to fall asleep on his own. This has worked beautifully, except in the middle of the night. I hope this is just another growth spurt.

We tilled the yard on Saturday and Craig was able to put up the fence to keep the animals out. Now we just need to seed it and lay straw over the top, which will hopefully be finished tomorrow evening.

Saturday morning began bright and early with a hilarious episode. Murray's mobile is attached to the side of his crib and plays songs and projects stars on the ceiling with the touch of a button. He LOVES it. As usual, Murray was squawking at 5:00 am, but we decided to see if he would put himself back to sleep. Craig and I stayed in bed and were dozing despite the chatter coming from Murray's room. Suddenly I hear a rousing rendition of "Twinkle, Twinkle". We both sat up and looked at around, each thinking that the other had gotten up and turned on the mobile. We were startled to see each other still in bed. We discovered that Murray had figured out how to push the buttons. We were giggling about this when the song changed. Murray apparently decided that he was tired of Twinkle, Twinkle and hit the button again. He switched songs about four times - I guess he really likes this new trick. What a funny guy!

I completely ignored the housework over the weekend. We concentrated on the yard, and I resigned myself to the fact that grass took precedence over clean floors this time. I cannot wait to get home and scrub them. They are full of dirt from digging up the yard, and no doubt will be a muddy mess again by evening, what with all the rain. Oh well, such is life.

I have a rumbly tummy - time for lunch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there Marie.
Hope you and I can get together again soon...It has been too long! Wished we could have talked more at Beckerlegs.

Marie said...

It was good to see you! I was surprised at how fast the evening went - I couldn't believe that it was already after 7 when we left. We'll have to plan something soon. Hope you are having a good week!