Gossip Scmossip

I am so tired of gossip. For crying out loud, can't we just keep our information to ourselves?????? The reason that I have not posted anything about the potential new house is because nothing is final and we didn't want anyone to know until it was. Lots of things can happen between now and then. We have no idea how so many people suddenly know that we have a particular house in mind when ours sells, but it's out there. So, instead of crazy rumors getting started, here it is:

We were looking for a lot to build on when we found a house pretty much exactly what we wanted to build. It was a complete fluke, and we were very lucky to find it. However, it's owned by a relocation company, and it's company policy that they won't accept an offer based on a contingency. Our offer was based on the sale of our home, which is standard when you are moving from one house to another. Anyway, even if we would have offered more than the asking price, it wouldn't have mattered. So now we wait for our home to sell, and then we can make an offer. If something doesn't work out, then we go back to plan A and build. No big deal, we were just trying to keep things private.

The reason that I'm so upset is that I'm so tired of gossip. It's like when I was pregnant, and everyone knew way before we were even ready to tell anyone. This is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Nothing is sacred anymore.

Anyway, we'll get over it, and it's not that big of a deal, but again, I needed to vent. Maybe I should just look at like people aren't nosy, just excited for us. That's what I'll do. Yes, the cup is half full, and I will try to give the benefit of the doubt. I"ll sleep on it and decide tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie,
I felt compelled to comment. Neither Troy or I have said anything about the house to anyone. In fact you and Craig are the only people we see since I am working so much and Troy seems to only want to hang out with Craig these days! I hope you know that your realtionships with us are very important and we would never violate that by spread petty gossip after I got burned with people gossiping about me. It is not worth the energy but I wanted to let you know..our lips have been sealed!