Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all? Why, Murray, of course! We have an old toy at home that was mine when I was a baby. Murray just loves it. It's basically a flat board with a lot of bells and whistles, including a mirror. Last night, every time he saw his reflection, he gave himself kisses in the mirror. I missed it because I wasn't home, but Craig said it was hilarious. I am hoping to be able to get him to do it again this afternoon and take some pictures to post. He has been giving Craig and I kisses (more like big sloppy wet licks) for quite some time, but what thrills me about this is that he already comprehends the concept of love. Parenting is the most difficult, most rewarding experience, and when you see that your child understands the values that you are working so hard to instill, well, it's nothing short of wonderous.

We have been experimenting with making homemade baby food. We eat a lot of fruits and veggies at our house (not that you could tell by looking at us - wink, wink), so it's much cheaper and easier to puree what we already have and give it to Murray, not to mention healthier. Although commercial baby food is better than ever, and we do feed it to him, it's been kind of fun to try fresh, whole foods. This morning I pureed some blueberries, strawberries and a banana for his breakfast. Craig tasted it and said it was too seedy, so I started all over, this time peeling the strawberries as you would a potato (Craig's suggestion). Worked like a charm and Murray devoured it. I plan to do some more research today on healthy choices and recipies for homemade baby food. I know you can make extra ahead of time and freeze it in ice cube trays, but that seems like more work that just serving him what we are eating at meal times. Who knows? This is all such a learning process, but what a ride.

Check out this link that my father in law sent. It's a little sappy, but I love Jim Reeves, and it reminds me to be thankful for everything I'm blessed with.

http://home.comcast.net/~singingman777/Farmer.htm

I'm off to get started on birthday thank you notes. I'm embarrassed to admit that it's been almost two weeks and I haven't sent them. Good thing it's quiet at work again.

No comments: