A Padded Room

Murray is in the early stages of pulling himself up on the furniture, which makes me want to pad the entire house in foam until we're done raising children. Just yesterday morning he was "helping" Craig fold clothes, and pulled himself up using the laundry basket as a brace. That would have been fine, because Craig was firmly holding the basket, but Murray let go and fell down. It's only the beginning. . .

In past posts, I've talked about how we were experimenting with homemade baby food, as well as giving Murray mashed table food. We still give him jarred food too, because of the convenience (with showing the house all the time, sit down family dinners are often interrupted). He's been merrily eating chicken and turkey from the jar for the last month or so, but all of the sudden he refuses it. He gags, chokes, screws up his face like we gave him poison, then proceeds to spit it out. VERY dramatic. We've tried numerous times, to no avail. Finally, last night, we gave him Gerber's ham dinner. You would have thought we were feeding him caviar. He absolutely loved it. YUCK. I had been avoiding purchasing that particular jar of baby food because just the thought of it alone makes me gag. But hey, if it works, it works. I don't have to eat it. At least he still like veggies and fruit. These, I can stomach.

It seems as though the lazy days of summer are almost over. I can feel the change in the air. I'm not giving up yet, though. There are still plenty more days of sunshine, and besides, crisp fall days are wonderful too.

No comments: