I'm No Lance Armstrong

I may have done a very dumb thing yesterday. Water Carnival is this weekend in Detroit Lakes, and since we are going to be there anyway, I signed Craig and I up for a 15-mile bike ride. Too late now, the check is in the mail. My uncle is doing the 45 mile tour -yes, that's right - FORTY FIVE MILES. I have 4 more days to get ready, and it's doubtful I will make it the whole way, but at least I'm going to try. This biking thing really is an awesome work out. And like my aunt says, at least I have the courage to get out there and try. It drives me bananas when people complain about how they need to lose weight, but refuse to do anything about it. What's the point in complaining then? My philosophy might not be right, but it's just the way I feel. And I am the first one to admit that it's way past time for me to get on the exercise stick.

Speaking of losing weight, I broke down and ate McDonald's last night after softball. I haven't had it since last summer after one of my mom's chemo treatments (it's my favorite fast food). I could eat McD's french fries until I turn into one. I am pleasantly surprised to say that it was terrible, and my stomach is still rolling around this morning (not to mention my conscience). It could have been due to the fact that they were extremely busy, but either way, it wasn't the gourmet treat I was expecting. UGH. I will think twice before doing that again. When a craving strikes, I will try remember this experience (yeah, right).

Do babies at 7 months get night terrors? If not, then I don't know what the heck Murray is going through lately. He cries out in his sleep, sometimes waking himself, sometimes not. It's a cry like no other, and we can't figure out why it's happening. Last night we didn't get any sleep whatsoever due to Murray's waking (and Craig's snoring in between Murray's waking). We both would fly out of bed, go running in, and the only thing that worked to get him back to sleep was to give him his blanket back. We always take it away after he's asleep so he doesn't smother himself, but now I'm wondering if he's old enough to sleep with it all night. Anyone have any parenting feedback?

No comments: