Happy Fourth of July

Today is Murray's last day in the nursery. When we return on Monday, we will drop him off in the mobile infant room. I am pretty sad about this, but proud too! The care that he has received in the nursery has been stellar, but I'm confident he will receive top-of-the-line care in the mobile infant room as well. We just love our center.

Murray had a rough afternoon and evening yesterday. He was obviously exhausted, but we couldn't get him to go to sleep. We tried everything, to no avail. We finally let him cry it out in his crib. I felt like the worst mother in the entire universe. I lasted 3 minutes (Craig was running errands), which felt like three hours, and then I caved. I picked him up and rocked with him, and once he settled down, he fell asleep in my arms (against my better judgement). We almost always put him down when he is still awake so that he learns to put himself to sleep, but desperate times, desperate measures. He slept until 7:30 this morning so we know he was very tired, just fighting sleep.

Tonight we will pack for the lake so we can hit the road in the morning. I can't wait to get there for a long, hot, relaxing weekend. The amount of gear we pack for a 45 minute trip never ceases to amaze me. We even keep some things there - Murray's life jacket, the pack and play, his pool, etc. but still we manage to fill the truck. Of course, two 100+ pound dogs and their equipment doesn't help our cause, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Here's to hurrying up to relax! Have a safe holiday.

No comments: