Father Time

One year ago today, my mom was diagnosed with cancer. It got me thinking about the passage of time. I was thinking about how one year ago she was still with us, though very sick. I was thinking about how I was 6 months pregnant and struggling with elation and devastation simultaneously. I was thinking about how much has changed in this very short window of time. It's amazing really, when you realize the enormity and complexity of time and the higher power. How can my mom and my son not exist at the same time in the same world? What am I supposed to learn from all of this? Will I ever know? And of course, why?

Despite these random thoughts today, I'm still feeling cheerful, just contemplative. I feel like I should be sitting on a rock somewhere, chin resting on my fist, just thinking. As a matter of fact, I think that when we get to the lake this afternoon, I will do just that. It's time to think.

*Edited for spelling errors*

No comments: