Bad Momma?

Murray is napping, so I sat down at the computer to read past posts. One of my favorite aspects of blogging is to read what I've written because it really puts things into perspective. While I was reading them, I started to realize that I always write as though life is perfect, motherhood is perfect, and so on. But you know what? It's not. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and being a mom is the best thing that we ever did (thanks to Craig). But I have to say that this is very hard work. Rewarding, yes, but stressful also. Just yesterday morning, I felt terrible because when I dropped Murray off at daycare, it was actually a relief. He has been so clingy that we can't put him down, and even if we don't, sometimes he's still fussy. The stress of trying to sell the house and do things "perfectly" was getting to me and I just needed a little break. Sounds awful, I know, but it's the truth. I wouldn't change a thing, but it finally dawned on me that it's okay to share some honesty, even if it's not "perfect". We're only human, and writing and rereading my posts is just another way to remind me that we are.

No comments: