Things That Make Me Grateful

Today was a hectic morning. I was ready to fall apart (right after the cat got sick while we were trying to get out the door) until I remembered that sometimes in life we forget to be grateful for our blessings. I've decided to post just a few things that make me smile every day and thank God for all that He has given us. These are in no particular order:

1. Waking up to a new day.
2. Listening to Murray and Craig chatter and sing while we're getting ready in the morning.
3. Family, friends, and faith.
4. The pure joy of the dogs greeting me when I step in the door after being gone.
5. The dogs at my feet while I sleep.
6. A cold beer on a hot day.
7. Water (for drinking or swimming).
8. Shelter, clothes, and food.
9. Fresh socks that match.
10. Craig snoring beside me.
11. The smile on Murray's face when I pick him up from daycare.

Some of these may sound a bit strange, especially number ten, but honestly, when I hear Craig sawing logs next to me, I feel safe and loved and there is no better feeling than that.

This evening I'm going on an adventure. At 5:30, I have an appointment to fly over the region to view the flood water. I hope to get some video footage and still shots to post tomorrow. I'm sure it will be an amazing experience, and one that I hope we never have to repeat!

2 comments:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Marie, beautiful post. Look at the beauty that came out of a rough morning. All things can be made good, and you did a wonderful job of working it here. And I am SO excited for you for the fly-over, and envious. I know it's under not the best of circumstances, but truly, another blessing of the day -- to have a bird's eye peek of our city. Wish I could be up there with you. Enjoy!

Marie said...

Thanks, Roxane. Even re-reading today's post is cheering me up. Thank you for your comments - i'm always grateful for them!

I will be thinking of you as we're in the air and wishing you could join me.

Take care!