I've Got Sunshine . . .

It hasn't been a smooth ride this week, but a country song on the radio this morning reminded me that when things seem to be falling apart, we have to remember that this is our life, and we have to live it. It was just what I needed to hear at that very moment in time.



There is always a bright side of things and I'm lucky enough to have many. The first is that Flynn is making so much progress! She and her family had their first intake conference on Monday at Craig Hospital. The most exciting news is that she can speak again. I can't imagine the frustration one must feel to not be able to project one's feelings/thoughts/needs, etc. To read more about her eventful day, check out her page here. I'm not sure I can explain everything as eloquently as her dad.



Yet another bright side is that we are preparing for my sister, Maggie's, college graduation. As of May 15, she will have a BSA in Paralegal Studies. We are incredibly proud of her. Her college experience hasn't been typical. Far from it, actually. She struggled with personal issues at first (as many of us do). She flew over those hurdles, and this amazing woman juggled a full load of classes and a full time job, not to mention the daily bumps in the road that life tends to hand us. When we found out the our beloved mother was ill, Mags didn't slow down. She took care of mom and kept up work and school - full speed ahead. When mom passed away, Mags was right there planning the funeral and handling the estate. I honestly don't know how she did it, but I will say this: There is not an angel in heaven who is bursting with pride more than our mother. Mags is truly an inspiration.



The sun is shining and the water is receding. Life is good.

No comments: