Backyardigans

It was my day to wake up with Murray. Thankfully, he's been sleeping until 7:00am. Anyway, after breakfast we went through the routine of getting dressed for the day. I should note, Murray wears a Back to Sleep "gown" (for lack of a better word) over his jammies so that he doesn't need any other blanket than his own. We have the lightweight cotton for summer and the heavier fleece for winter (I highly recommend them, especially for newborns) which you can find at Healthcare Accessories Just For Women on 32nd Ave S in Fargo. When I undressed him, I discovered that his diaper was at the bottom of the gown; not the bottom that it was supposed to be attached to. I laughed so hard I almost cried - there was pee everywhere. :)

After this debacle, we played and played until Craig woke from a deep slumber. We all went outside and finished the much necessary back yard raking and cleaning. The snow blower is empty of gas, the garage is clean, the deck is swept and now we are just waiting to add some seed and fertilizer to what was lost last year. We still have the front to work on, but that will be a piece of cake compared to the back. Craig just left for the storage unit to get the patio furniture. I think spring has finally arrived!

Tonight, we'll go to Mass, and then despite the cooler temps, we have steaks to grill. This will be our first grilling experience since last season. In the summer, we very rarely cook in the house. For a wedding gift from Craig's co-workers, we received an enormous charcoal (which is the only way to go in my opinion) grill/smoker. It's wonderful, and Craig is THE master griller!

My wish for you today is that you are at peace and enjoying these precious moments with family and friends.

No comments: