5:15am Is Not Morning

It all began at 5:15 this morning. Murray decided that it was go time, despite our attempts to get him to go back to sleep. So, it was up and at 'em. Turned out to be a good thing, as I needed some extra time for errands today. Murray and I stopped at the grocery store for diapers before I dropped him at daycare. Then it was all the way over to Osgood to drop off my laundry at the Loads of Hope truck. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I had visions of all of our sheets sets, blankets, rugs, etc. cleaned. The way it works is this: You get 2 bags to fill and they won't do bedding or rugs. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome program, and I'm grateful for the dent in my laundry pile as long I don't have to do it. I'll just have to haul the rest back out of my trunk and hit it hard this afternoon.

I'm attempting to get organized before I leave on Friday. I won't relax unless all is in order, though I haven't packed, nor have I accomplished my weekly chore list. Still, I am so excited for the trip that I have extra motivation. I work best under pressure.

We had a fun evening last night. After supper, we hooked up a bike trailer (lent to us from friends who aren't using it) for Murray and had a very nice ride around our neighborhood. He loved riding behind Craig. I'm looking forward to a summer full of bike riding and outdoor activities. I'm not sure how we'll pack the trailer for the lake, but we'll find a way. We'll probably have to buy one of those dorky car toppers (no offense to anyone who may own one). Either that or buy a motor home. :)

I'm off to work . . .sort of.

No comments: