"They Keep Moving the Cheese"

I'd like to begin by stating our utmost love and respect for the "F" family, you know that you are and will continue to be in our prayers.  We're with you all the way.

The title to this post is taken from a an excerpt in the book, "Who Moved My Cheese?", an inspirational and phenomenal look at change in the workplace.

Today was my first day at the Foundation.  Kim (whose job I will assume) is an amazing woman and an excellent trainer.  I met some of the students that I will be supervising and am looking forward to meeting the others on Wednesday evening.  I spoke with my soon-to-be boss today, and she and I will work on my job description as the month progresses.  My initial responsibilities include coordinating the annual Phone-A-Thon and the Campus Campaign.  Event planning is in the near future and I'm thrilled already at my new position.  The staff at the Foundation is fantastic and I'm thrilled to be a part of the team.  That said, I will miss my bosses and supervisors in the President's Office, but this is an amazing opportunity.  The chips landed in such a way that I just know that God is with me (not to mention all of those who went to bat for me).

Craig had his first outing today.  I drove Miss Daisy to his office and to Human Resources to complete some paperwork.  I think he had fun getting out, but I know he was pretty sore and tired when I deposited him back at home.  I feel so helpless; I'd rather it was me than him.

I didn't get to spend more than ten minutes with Murray tonight, but every second was precious.  When I walked in the door tonight, he shouted, "Mama, you came back!  You done with work?  I missed you!"  Words can't describe how my heart swelled.  I am an incredibly lucky woman.

Thanks to Jon and Troy for providing food and company for Murray and Craig tonight while I was away.   Everyone who has volunteered to help us out means a great deal, and don't be surprised if we take you up on your offers.  The meals and help with Murray are a real blessing, especially with my work transition.

Many, many thanks to all.
Blessings,
M
P.S. Did you know that I despise, detest, and loathe winter?

No comments: