"It's Nasty Weather Out There" (From the Mouths of Babes)

As I write this, we are in the midst of the worst blizzard that I've witnessed since the winter of 1997.  There's a one-hundred car pile-up on I94 and visibility in the city is approximately 50 yards. 

We are all home and safe, and I hope that all of you and yours are as well. 

I looked out the window this morning and thought that the local meteorologists were confused about the forecast.  I wasn't concerned about the weather, so I loaded up Murray, drove to daycare and arrived home with no trouble; despite the temps and wind.  I ran some errands, and only an hour later, I walked to my car to find that the conditions were worse than I expected.  I finished my stops and landed in a tired heap on the couch.  At one-thirty, I looked outside and realized that I had better pick up Murray before the worst hit. Thirty minutes, blowing snow, and icy roads later, we arrived at home safely (seven miles round trip).

Some things I think about blizzards and the people who live here:
1:  We are hearty people, and should be used to horrible conditions.  I beg you, SLOW DOWN AND STOP TEXTING!  If this is impossible, than please stay home.

2:  If you are an employer and haven't let your staff leave, I find that absurd.  Even the regional Law Enforcement is pleading for people to stay put; they can't respond to emergencies without risking their own lives.

3:  For those of you who don't have a choice but to travel:  Please, please drive with caution.  The conditions are horrible and I would hate to hear of another accident. 

As Murray said today, "It's nasty weather out there!"
Stay safe, warm, and alive,
M

No comments: