Yuck

Please note:  If you have a weak stomach, stop reading now.  I'm only posting this for posterity.

I'm cold, I'm freezing, I'm tired, I'm exhausted.  But I'm grateful.  Make that blessed, grateful, and happy.  We have a roof over our heads, good health, and a sweet-three-year old to love and many family and friends.  And of course, the dogs and cat. But I wasn't so pleased with the latter yesterday morning.

We were dressed and ready to go to church (for a baptism that Craig was one of two Godfathers).  As I was finishing my own preparations for the big day, I asked Murray to put his boots and coat on.  He did so and a couple of minutes later, he came to me saying, "something stinks, mama.  Pee-Yew."  The smell hit me before I could look.  What I discovered was Murray covered in (for lack of a better word) poop.  Craig came running (well, not running, exactly, but moving as fast as a broken back will allow) after I began to gag, and together we realized that one of our animals had been sick and had an accident.  In Murray's coat.  And in his boot.  We stripped Murray down, but by this time Craig was late for baptism, so he called the other Godfather to pick him up.  In the mean time, I ran around begging our feces-covered little man not to touch anything, while looking for fresh clothes, coat, shoes, and washing my hands every 30 seconds or so.  I couldn't find one of his tennis shoes (Rudy hides shoes), so I was frantically shoving his feet into last years' way-too-small shoes.  That didn't work, so I was forced to clean the dirty boot, spray it with Febreeze and finally, we headed to church.

The baptism and Mass were absolutely beautiful and we made it in time.  I was afraid that our fellow parishioner's would smell the boot, but no one complained, and many giggled when Murray burst into song with the choir. 

Due to the weather, one of the Godmothers was unable to travel, so Murray filled in carrying the gifts; poopy boot and all.  He was really quite proud. 

Everything turned out in the end, and we had a beautiful day with family and friends celebrating Ava's baptism.

Moral of the story?  Don't forget to make sure that the cat has access to his litter box.  Oh, and always hang up your coat, even if you think it's in a safe place. 

1 comment:

Mom, Dad, Grant and Dylan said...

Love it! I laughed so hard when Craig told us the story when he got to church! Isn't life funny somedays!!! haha! Gotta love this crazy life! it was fun to spend the day with all of you!