Dreaming of Sleep

We survived night number one of the "crying it out method". Murray woke at 4:00am like clockwork. His cries started out as whines, which soon turned to sobbing, but Craig and I shut our door, put pillows over our heads and ignored him. An excruciating hour and a half later, Murray had fallen asleep and slept peacefully until 7:30 this morning. I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride - tonight should be a bit shorter stint, and the next night even shorter, and so on. We can only hope. It's so sad though; his cries are hard on the heart. We look forward to a happy ending.

I'm home today with Murray, as our daycare is closed this week so "Linny" could have a vacation. I am so excited to have a mama and Murray day. We'll go play with the twins this afternoon and then I'm off to a benefit meeting this evening.

Please keep Flynn and her family in your thoughts and prayers as she continues her journey of rehabilitation and recovery.

3 comments:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Marie, school started for us today so I'm having a Nick and me day! I'll be thinking of you as you move through your day with the sun shining on you and your cutie pie. Glad to hear of improvement. You're getting closer! :)

Marie said...

Thanks, Roxane. We enjoyed a nap on the couch together, a rare lunch at McDonald's (I was lazy) and an afternoon with the twins. At the moment, he is crying himself to sleep.

I hope your babes had a great first day and that you enjoyed your mommy day with Nick.

God Bless,
Marie

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Marie, couldn't help but think of you as I was writing my Saturday post, so I included a link to your blog. :) Hope that's okay. :)

http://roxanesalonen.blogspot.com/2009/08/soulful-saturdays-sanctification.html

Hugs,
Roxane