Welcome, Mariana

I'm feeling rather uninspired today; I think it must be the weather. I know we've all had enough of this, and it's very apparent. Even driving through town, I notice an all around gloom. Looking at the bright side, maybe spring will come early. I can almost smell the tropical air; we leave for vacation on February 22nd (if the plane doesn't freeze up like it did the last two years). I just cannot wait.

I had my first session yesterday with my new therapist, Dr. H. I was very unhappy with the LSW who I had been with previously, so I asked Dr. B (my psychiatrist) if she could make some other arrangements for me. I am thrilled to report that this man is excellent, and I immediately comfortable speaking with him. He made me feel so human, so normal; I know he can help me to be well again (mentally). The panic attacks are still occurring frequently, and frankly, it really affects the way I live. The anxiety directly affects depression, so until I get this taken care of, it's rather difficult to move forward. I feel like I'm on my way though, and am so much better now than I was when I began this journey.

Congrats to Wade and Kristine, (see the link to Our Adoption Journey) who finally have their beautiful daughter in their loving and long-awaiting arms. Her name is Mariana, and she is absolutely gorgeous. I wept when I saw the pictures. I just couldn't be happier for them.

No comments: