Grandma Was Right, As Usual

When I posted yesterday about Murray falling asleep at 6pm and still out of it at his normal bedtime, I mentioned that I called my beloved Grandmother (who has raised 5 children and is very much an expert at child rearing) to ask her if I should wake him or let him sleep. She advised that under no circumstances should I wake him but warned that we'd probably be awake in the middle of the night. She was right on both counts. I'm glad I didn't rouse him from his deep slumber. When he did wake up, he sat up, looked around, talked to himself for a bit and went right back to sleep. I was bummed that I missed the entire evening with him, but he must have needed the sleep. He slept until 6am this morning, and was off like a rocket, yelling for a banana.

As busy as it's been, I completely forgot that it's Super Bowl Sunday this weekend. I don't even know if we have any plans. We usually do one of two things: watch the game at the Legion, or, stay home and cook up a bunch of fun food. I'm not such a huge fan of the day. It gets to be way too late for a Sunday. I think I'll leave the decision up to Craig and Murray and I will stay home together.

2 comments:

Momma tackles 3 said...

Kirk and I are THINKING about going to the speak!!! $10 buffet and cheap beer!!! I know you aren't a beer girl though..Thought I would share our plans!

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Marie,
We usually hunker down here with a good bowl of chili, but I forgot too. Hmmm, priorities? Football is definitely not among them. But for Daddy Troy, definitely. So, I'm sure I'll be involved in one way or another.
I love the banana yell. I can just hear it. :)