Whirlwhind of A Week

Where to begin? So much has happened in the last week. I'm not sure where to start.

The most exciting news is that Murray decided it was time to walk on Tuesday evening. All night long he went back and forth between Craig and I across the living room. He's improving every day, and is even beginning to venture out on his own.

On Wednesday, I attended the funeral for Sonny Dump, a former colleague of my mom's. I was absolutely honored when the director of ND BCI (who was my mom's employer), and our long time family friend (another former colleague of mom's) requested that I sit with the law enforcement community. I sat in the first row behind the family, surrounded by whom I consider my heroes; those who work so hard to protect our communities and who loved and respected Sonny. It was a bittersweet day. It was wonderful to see so many of my mom's friends and colleagues, but under the circumstances, it was tough. Sonny and his family will continue to be in my prayers.

Last night, Mags and Chelle and I had girl's night. We went to the Silver Moon for cocktails, and then dinner at Tuscana. Both establishments were delightful! I overindulged, so to be safe, Maggie was kind enough to drive me home. Thanks, sister!

We are looking forward to a quiet weekend at home. I need to get organized so that when the time comes to pack, I'm ready. The countdown is on - only 15 more sleeps until we are on the plane to paradise.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Wow, Murray is walking!! He is growing up way too fast. We will have to come see him soon.

Have fun on your trip. Wish I could come along and get out of this cold country for a while.

Judy

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of either of those fine establishments. Has Fargo Moorhead went and got all fancy on me while I've been away?

:-)

Andy

Momma tackles 3 said...

WOW WALKING!!!! I read this earlier but had no time to make a comment! I never got to thank Craig for coming to Thomas's hockey game...couldnt find him at the end to say Thank you!

Roxane B. Salonen said...

How fun, Marie. Yay Murray! Watch out world!!!

Where are you going? I'm envious! But happy for you.

Have a great weekend...
Roxane