All's Quiet On The Home Front

Not much to say today. We are having a quiet week, much to my chagrin. We are leaving for the cities on Saturday, provided the weather holds. I know we are supposed to be watching for a storm, but Craig tells me we'll be driving away from it. We'll just have to see. I sure hope we can leave - I would love to finish my Christmas shopping in Minneapolis. We're staying downtown; Craig and his buddy have Vikings tickets, so Murray and I and his buddy's wife (our friend, LaDonna) will do our own thing on Sunday. We decided to take Monday off so that we can take our time driving home on Monday. We even have a house sitter and everything, so we don't have to worry about the pets.

Murray is finally adapting to the pre-tod room, and this morning was the first morning he didn't cry when I left. Of course, yesterday, I accidentally slammed his foot in the door of the truck, so that did not help matters at all. I have never felt so horrible in my life. I stayed with him until he settled down, gave him some Tylenol, and then proceeded to cry all the way to work. He was just fine when I called mid-morning yesterday and has had two very good days in a row. Big sigh of relief. He's also crawling on all fours (finally), cruising everywhere, and walking very well with assistance. I can only hope that he's walking on his own before we go on vacation. It would be very hard to have a 15-month old who isn't walking on that long of a trip.

I'm off to work on laundry and dinner. Let's pray it warms up.

No comments: