I'm On a Mission

Dear Readers and Facebook Friends,
In a recent post, I discussed chasing one's dreams. After some soul-searching, prayers, and many discussions with DH, I have decided to make some life changes. One of them directly affects my communication with all of you, but it's a decision that needed to be made. It's simply an experiment, but if it works, fabulous, if not, no loss. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Anyway, as of Friday, January 9, 2010, I will be on hiatus from Facebook. This isn't meant to be as dramatic as it sounds. I've just decided that I have been spending entirely too much time checking my status, messages, and the like. I need to cut out some of the non-essentials in life so that I can pursue what I've always wanted to do, which is (for fear of sounding like Ross from "Friends), to concentrate on two of my dreams; music and writing. Let me tell you, both need a lot of work if I want to go anywhere and I need all the extra time I can get! I have finally re-discovered the passion that I've been missing for so long; I've actually ached to feel this way again! This unemployment time has been such a blessing in disguise. God must have realized that I needed some time to sit down and re-evaluate. Thanks to my awesome piano student, I can hardly walk by the piano anymore without sitting down to play - I haven't felt that way in years. I've had lots of time to think about finding out what I really want to do with my life. I'm about eight years behind, but no worries! I'm on my way and I feel better mentally than I have in a long time.

I have so many ideas and plans and the time has come to execute them. Slowly, but surely, I hope to learn, gain insight and someday, with God's blessing, maybe will be the next Lori Line or John Steinbeck. Even if I don't achieve fame and fortune, at least I'll have the knowledge that I fought for what I believed in, what I wanted for myself, my family and my God.

Fmily and friends will never take up too much of my time, it's my own addictive personality that eats at me (I tend to check Facebook about every five minutes, so yes, it's gotten out of control). However, I beg of you to keep in touch via email, blog, or phone. I desperately want to hear from you! Despite the fact that I won't have the immediate contact that I've loved having with all of you, don't be surprised if you receive a good old fashioned snail-mail letter from me. Now that I'm making more time for writing, I hope to post every day instead of sporadically. Again, please keep me posted while I'm "on leave". You can always leave me a comment here, email me at beckerleg@hotmail.com or call any time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!!!!
~Kara

Heather said...

Good for you. I think i would go crazy without it but would probably be better off. One ? tho it says you commented on your status so i clicked on it and you have no wall. Not that important just thought it was kind of odd.

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Marie, I always think it's a smart move when people take a break, and I've taken some that have been very good for my soul. Besides, I get time with you for real soon anyway. :) I hope you find that the time away is helpful. I think social people have a harder time with it, but balance is crucial, and sometimes you have to take a step way back to find the middle. All best and see you soon!