"The Impossible Dream"

I've been thinking a lot lately about dreams. That is, what you ultimately want to achive in life. Even if your dreams and goals seem unattainable, it's important to keep on reaching, so, to inspire us all, I've typed the words to "The Impossible Dream" from the musical play "Man of La Mancha" written by Joe Darion and Mitch Leigh (excuse the punctuation, this was adapted from a piano book so it's written in "piano puncuation"):

To dream the impossible dream,
To fight the unbeatable foe,
To bear with unbearable sorrow,
To run, where the brave dare not go.
To right the unrightable wrong,
To love pure and chaste from afar,
To try when your arms are too weary,
To reach the unreachable star!
This is my quest, to follow that star,
No matter how hopeless,
No matter how far;
To fight for the right without question or pause,
to be willing to march into hell for a Heavenly cause!
And I know, if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest,
That my heart will lie peaceful
and calm, when I'm laid to my rest,
And the world will be better for this,
That one man scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove with his last ounce of courage,
To reach the unreachable stars.

Isn't this beautiful? The message that gets to me the most is this: When I die, I want my heart to be peaceful and calm, because I HAVE dreamed the impossible dream and worked to achieve it, even if it didn't come true.

With that, keep on dreaming.
God bless,
M

No comments: