Mama and Murray's "No Good, Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Morning"

5:00am - Murray wakes up for the day and rouses the puppy in the process.

5:15am - The mayhem has begun. Maddy (the puppy) won't leave Murray alone, causing whining and screaming.

5:30am - Murray and I are snuggled up in my bed trying to get some sleep, but the cat enters the room and gets in a fight with the puppy.

5:35am - Separated the 2 crazy beasts, but now the big dogs want to go outside.

5:45am - Big dogs out, but it's raining so they are barking to come back in. My floors are black with mud. Too tired to care.

5:50am - Back in bed to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Diego, and Handy Manny.

6:45am - Finally rouse for the day. Murray eats breakfast while I clean up Maddy's accident and let her outside.

7:15am - I'm dressed, Murray's dressed, Maddy is running around like a miniture devil. Forgot to make coffee, I'm in desperate need.

7:30am - Murray is ready to go - coat, hat, shoes, and mittens and we're on our way. Wait! Where are the keys?

7:45am - Still searching for keys, my phone doesn't work, so I can't communicate.

8:00am - Finally found one key, but it will only start the car, not make it go.

8:15am - Near tears, but trying to stay calm. Murray is crying because he wants to go see his friends at daycare. Still can't find the keys. Desperately texting Craig in the cities and Maggie to find out if they know where they are.

8:30am - I'm still searching, Murray is still crying, and the puppy is crying in her kennel.

8:45am - I give up. Murray will have to accept the fact that he's stuck with mama today, but he isn't cooperating. He keeps crying for his "frens" and saying rather tearfully, "I go". I distract him by playing cars and having a snack.

9:15am - Craig texts to tell me that the keys were in his pajama pants. Sure enough, I find them in the bottom of the laundry basket.

9:20am - We're out the door!

9:30am - Murray is so happy to be at daycare. Phew. I'm wiping sweat off my brow.

10:00am - Sit down to blog and try to fix my phone. It's soaking in white rice. I can text and call but no one can hear me. Grrr.

10:30am - I'm going to take a nap and then start the day over. Isn't life grand? Always good to have a little chaos to remind us of the little moments that count. Happy Friday!


Roxane B. Salonen said...

Oh my, lots of memories flooded back when I read this from when we had our yellow Lab while trying to raise babies. It didn't always work so well (think Marley and Me) but...I really missed him when he left us...and no longer cleaned up the scraps under the highchair. Still, one can only take so much, especially since he's just passing through. It will change soon -- hang in there!

Marie said...

Thanks,Roxane! We had an adventure-filed week, but now little Maddy is in the loving arms of my dad. He was so excited to meet her. I have grown to appreciate our adult dogs a TON more then I already did. Once Murray is older, a puppy won't be hard to raise. For now, though, we'll stick with our two! Have a fantastic week!