Attitude = Gratitude

I generally tend to post once a day, but today brings some thoughts that I'd like to share. I was thinking the other day about how much fun life is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not "little miss sunshine", but it suddenly occurred to me that even though we have rough patches (sometimes daily), I've found that that it's the simple things that count the most. For example, ladies, you know how fun you feel when you have under garments on that make you feel "good all under" (as my very wise Grandma says). Do you ever wake up and think, "hey, I'm alive today and well!" Do you feel like you make a difference? Men, do you ever just feel like you are making such a difference with your job, wife, child, significant other, etc. that you are almost on an endorphin high? Do you ever walk out the door feeling confident and feeling loved and cared for? I think both sexes feel that way, and if not, each of us should strive to find something each day that brings a smile and all over fuzzy feeling. I recently read an article about gratitude. Studies show that even if you fake gratitude, eventually, you will feel genuine gratitude. The same principal applies to attitude. When in doubt, fake it. Since I answer phones and deal with clients face-to-face, I've found that even on my worst crabby days, if I fake it, no one notices, and I feel so much better when I receive a compliment about how cheerful I am. So, my soap box for the day: Attitude = Gratitude.

2 comments:

Mom, Dad, Grant and Dylan said...

I also like the kill em with kindness rule!!! If you are dealing with cranky people, it seems to either make them worse if you are super kind or cheers them up! Hopefully that latter!!! Love your post today!! Hugs!
Sara

Marie said...

Thanks, Sara! I'm with you - kill 'em with kindness is always a good one! Hugs back!
Marie