Sick Germs, Be Gone!

Addendum to today's post:

I am addicted to KFGO radio, partly because I used to work there, but mostly because they have the best news, information, and talk I can find. It's been a huge distraction for me of late; music seems to make me sad, so I avoid it all costs (which I think, music lover that I am, is even sadder). Anyway, today on the way home, I switched to the FM dial, cranked the volume, and sang all the way home, for the first time in as long as I can remember. I felt SO good. It was such a relief - the cloud really is lifting. Music is so powerful; I'm thankful I found the courage to listen in again when I'm in the mood.

On another note, I came home to a clean house, although Craig had started the process of cleaning the refrigerator, hit a brick wall and quit. No biggie, I just finished what he started and it was done. At least he started the process for me! Both boys are asleep, have been since 7pm, so I'm finishing laundry (yes, finishing, I can't believe it) and am relaxing. What a great life.


Earlier today. . .
Well, even though I disinfected, Craig still wound up with a doozy of a bug. I don't recall him missing two days in a row for work, in a very long time, if ever. He seems to feeling a bit better this afternoon - he was shopping online. So, it will be interesting to see what the condition of the house is when I get home. :) I guess I will have to disinfect all over again. Sigh.

I'm feeling like the fog is beginning to lift. Work helps, and I'm beginning to enjoy things again. Slowly but surely. I feel like the tortoise in the Tortoise and the Hare. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm working hard on therapy and haven't even had a panic attack in about three weeks. I've had close calls, but was able to reign in my emotions and calm down. Anyway, I'm turning a corner.

It's already been a busy week, but I just don't mind. Keeping busy helps so much, as long as I remember to take time for myself once in a while too. I've scheduled a cut and color for this week, and am planning a massage next week (I've never had one, so I'm pretty excited).

Quote for the day: Don't let negative thoughts, feelings or people rent space in your head.

1 comment:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Marie,
You might not have time for this silliness, but you've been tagged! See my blog for instructions on how to respond, if you're up for it.
I loved the quote of the day. :)