Dock Day



It doesn't matter what day of the week, year, or month that we schedule dock day. It's guaranteed to rain, snow, blow, or sleet. This year was actually pretty nice; the guys had to take a couple of breaks due to lightning, but other than that, all went smoothly. It was absolutely beautiful; the trees were gorgeous and some of the flowers still in bloom, ironically. We had four, yes four, dogs "helping". Rudy dug his last rock out from the lake for the summer, and Nala was able to swim for the last time this season.

I decided to take some pictures, and while doing so, realized that my camera has much more potential than I have been taking advantage of. I really need to read the 5,000 page manual (exaggeration, but not by much), but I have no idea when I'll get to it. The shot above is looking from the lake to the big house, though you don't really see the house (it's out of the shot). It's my favorite place on earth, and always has been. I'd rather be here than any other place in the world, including Hawaii.



This picture is looking out to the road side of the house. The colors aren't nearly as sharp in the picture, but again, I'm hoping to learn more about my camera.









This is one of my favorite shots. It's peaceful, which is how the day was.












Last, but not least, a funny clip of my Grandma and Murray playing blocks. Murray's laugh is hysterical; he just loves her so much. I am so grateful that she and Grandpa are in our lives.


Here's to a great Monday morning.


1 comment:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

What a cute little scene with your baby and his grandma. And I LOVE the tree shots. I hope you have as much fun adding visuals as I have had. I so enjoy the colors of fall.
Happy week ahead!