Scary Spiders

Thanks to those of you who responded to my last post - I appreciated your comments! Even yours, Brad. :)

What a weekend! Murray had a fever on Thursday and Friday, which finally broke on Friday night. With the big Gopher/Sioux rivalry, I didn't see much of Craig. Murray and I and Maggie went to the St. Patrick's Day parade yesterday; we watched it from the balcony of my temporary office building. Murray loved it, but I don't think Mags was all that impressed.

This morning at 3:30am, Murray felt he should get out of bed and sleep with us. We don't let him do that unless he's sick, so since he was feeling better, we let him cry it out. I got up an hour later to check on him. He wasn't in his bed, so I panicked until I found him passed out on the dining room floor. It was so funny and with Rudy was nearby, not taking his eyes off Murray - no doubt doing his security duty - we let him stay there until morning.

Tomorrow is my first day flying solo at work. Lacy will be back in May, so until then, I'm on my own. She is an amazing person - she created tutorials complete with screen shots for everything I need to know as far as running reports, the daily deposit, etc. I have loved working beside her these last weeks, and wish her the best as she and her husband prepare to bring their first child into the world.

Last night was the first time I've been out of the house on my own in a very long time. Craig took Murray to the Fink's to watch the game and I went to play bingo with Craig's Mom and Dad. While we didn't bingo, it was a fun evening out.

The events of the weekend are not in the order I'd prefer, but I'm too lazy to change it. For some odd reason, Blogger doesn't have a cut and paste option, so my thoughts are typed as I write them, not necessarily sequentially.

I can't sign off without the following anecdote frome today: This afternoon, I asked Murray if he wanted to help me water the plants. As I filled up my watering can, a spider the size of a silver dollar tried to climb out. I panicked and ran to the other side of the kitchen while yelling for Craig to come and help get rid of the thing. He told me to get over it and continued folding the laundry. Realizing I was on my own, I decided to suck it up and turn the whole episode into a science lesson for Murray. I set the watering can (full of water) on the floor and Murray and I waited for the spider to climb out, at which point I had planned to dispose of it with the nearest heavy object (sorry P.E.T.A.). Before I could pounce though, the spider poked his huge and hairy head out of the can and Murray ran screaming and crying for cover. The sight of the spider again, in combination with Murray tearing out of the room like a frighented rabbit, sent me scrambling for cover too. Craig just shook his head at both of us, calmly disposed of the spider, called us both fruitcakes, and went on with the day. I still have the heebie-jeebies.

With that, I'm off to bed, hopefully not to have nightmares about spiders.

No comments: