Crash!

It's been so long since my last post - I'm not sure where to begin.



Last Saturday, Murray and I were driving home from Story Time at Barnes and Noble when we were in a car accident. Thankfully, all parties involved are fine. It happened right on our street with a neighbor (who was driving the other car).The streets were a slick layer of snow and ice, and the snow banks were so high that we didn't see each other. Anyway, the Grand Am is totaled but the insurance company has been wonderful. We'll pick up our rental today, and then plan to take our time looking for a new or used car. We have the Durango, and since I'm unemployed, we're not in too much of a hurry to find a second vehicle. We have grown accustomed to not having a car payment, so we'll take advantage of that as long as we can. I want an Accord or another Grand Am, but Craig refuses to buy foreign, so I'm guessing we'll find a Chevy or Pontiac that will suit us.



In the mean time, I've picked up a temporary position at a local radio group. I will be filling in for the sales assistant while she is on maternity leave. The gig should last about eleven weeks, and I start on Monday. I'm thrilled to be working with so many friends that I've worked with in the past; it will be a fun way to pass the rest of this miserable winter.

Murray went back to daycare this week, and I thought he would be sad, but I thought wrong. As soon as we walked in, he whipped off his winter clothes, ran up the stairs to hug Lyn, kissed baby Caitlen, and ran off with a quick "bye mama". Turned out I was the one who was sad. He's growing up before our very eyes. Everyday, it's something new. Yesterday, Craig had to volunteer at SAL after work, so we told Murray that daddy had to go back to work. Murray tearfully replied, "No work, Daddy, no work". We all felt terrible, but Murray and I painted to cheer him up. This morning when his sunshine night light came on, we heard a hearty "MORNING!" Honestly, where does he come up with these new words? I just love that he's beginning to put short sentences together. Watching him transform is one of the most amazing, joyous and bittersweet things I've ever witnessed.

I think that's the update; we are just trying to get through winter without going crazy. I've been so forgetful lately - I'm chalking it up to winter dementia. For example, I stocked up on books on Saturday during the Barnes and Noble outing, put them away when I got home and now I have no idea where they are. Our house is tiny, so I just can't figure out where the heck I stashed them! Anyway, I'm off to do some housework, so with a prayer to St. Francis, maybe they'll turn up.

No comments: