Finding Humor

The word is that I have fractured several bones in my foot. When I received the X-Ray results today, I actually laughed out loud. I was a bit hysterical, I must admit, but it was better than losing it completely. I just can't imagine what next. Craig needs to up my life insurance policy and I think I'm going to start wearing a crash helmet. I have a huge boot to wear and will see a podiatrist on Thursday to determine the next course of action, which we are hoping is not surgery (this, from the walk-in clinic doctor). Meanwhile, I am determined to find the humor in the situation. There are worse things in life, much worse. No self-pity allowed! I'm actually getting around much easier with the silly boot than I was before, so that is a huge plus.

I am loving the weather this week, and was so looking forward to continuing my afternoon walks with Murray, but it looks like they may be put on hold for a while. At least we can still play in the back yard.

I'm off to catch some zzzz's. Sleep tight, and don't forget to find the humor.

No comments: