Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let Down Your Hair

"I took your mom to her first movie.
I want to take you, too.
That will be a special day
devoted just to you.
When I took your mommy,
I never watched the screen.
The movie was in her smile-
to her it was a dream."   - Billy Crystal - I Already Know I Love You

If you haven't read this heartwarming book, I highly recommend you do so and do it soon.  My dad sent it to me as a gift in 2005, before Murray was a twinkle in our eye.  Since then, it's become one of Murray's (and my) favorite books, and has teeth marks, well-thumbed, and torn pages to prove it. 

I took Murray to his first movie this afternoon ("Tangled").  Billy Crystal hit the nail on the head.  He was amazing to watch.  "This is a REAL BIG TV, MAMA!"  At one point, he began singing very loudly on cue with Mandy Moore - giggles throughout the theatre - and when I asked him to whisper he said, "but Mom, I WANT to sing with her."   And of course, we splurged on the theatre must-haves:  Popcorn with extra butter, (I don't share, so I bought Murray his own) M&M's and lots of water.

I can honestly say that I didn't take in much of the show, although Max the horse was probably my favorite character from what I did see.  I'm so thankful to have been able to share another "first" with my little guy.

Next up:  Cars 2.  According to Murray, that is.

1 comment:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Oh, I'd forgotten about this! Although, my firstborn's first movie was seen with his sitter. I remember feeling a little sad as they drove away. What a fun memory to have, Marie! I love that he wanted to sing! And popcorn...yum! :)