Conflict of Interest - Update

As most of you know, I've recently decided to take part in the March of Dimes fundraiser this year. I received a random call at work one afternoon asking if I would be interested in the MOD's "Jail and Bail" program. I immediately said yes, assuming that the organization is vitally important to pre and post-natal care. Thanks to your generosity, I've raised $170.00 for the cause. I'm grateful to the many individuals that have supported my quest.

Recently, a good friend of mine (who is a faithful Catholic, fellow mom, author, and a very wise woman), enlightened me about the March of Dimes organization. Unfortunately, the MOD supports ideals of which I cannot accept. I have struggled with this decision, but after much research, have decided to opt out of the March of Dimes fundraiser. To those of you who donated: Your online donations will still be received by the March of Dimes. For anyone who mailed a donation, I will shred your check (or mail it back to you if you wish). Again, I do thank you for your generosity, and I apologize for this turn of events and any confusion I may have caused.
http://www.catholicculture.org/
Click on Resource Center and search for March of Dimes.

I realize that this is a controversial subject. By no means do I intend to offend any of you. We are all entitled to our beliefs, and I respect yours. I just cannot go through with this after what I've learned. Please contact me if you have questions, concerns, or comments. Again, I thank you for your support, generosity, and understanding.

"When the most important things in our life happen we quite often do not know, at the moment, what is going on." - C.S. Lewis

No comments: