Celebrations

My beautiful bouquet and tree.
Murray decorating his Mother's day card for Grandma Kate.








Mother's day was a bittersweet day, as I expect it will be for the rest of my time here on earth. It was a busy day too! Maggie and I and Murray went to the lake on Saturday to visit with Grandpa and Grandma. We had such a nice time; they have been in Florida since November, so it was fun for them to see the changes in Murray's personality and how much he has grown.

On Sunday, I arrived home to find a bouquet of mini carnations from Murray, and a huge umbrella plant from Craig. I've been missing my ficus tree, which sadly passed away this winter, so this was a perfect and most thoughtful gift.


Murray and I went to visit with my aunt Sue (Flynn's mom) for a while while Craig finished cutting the grass, and then we visited the cemetery. This wonderful man even had the foresight to purchase flowers for Mom's grave. After that, we went to Craig's Mom and Dad's home to celebrate with Mary. Craig cooked me a fabulous dinner of ribs on the grill and I went to bed feeling blessed and relaxed.

I am so thankful for my family. This week we are preparing to celebrate another exciting family event. Maggie will graduate from MSUM with her BSA in Paralegal on Friday morning. She's worked tirelessly, never giving up, and faced many obstacles. It will be a very special day!








No comments: