Summer

Here at the Murray's Momma household, we've been enjoying a pretty awesome summer.  The weather has been wonderful, even if a bit on the way-too-hot side at times, but it's been perfect lake weather.  Sadly, the summer is flying by, and I'm not quite prepared for the changes that the fall will bring.

This will be Murray's first year of school.  Pre-school, yes, but still it's school.  Full time pre-school.

When we enrolled him last winter, I was confident that he was ready.  I thought I was ready, too.   Our parish school has a wonderful pre-school program, and he will attend Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m..  We toured the school, met with teachers, and we were all pumped when he was accepted.

But that was in February, and at that time, his school days seemed so very far way.  Here we are at the end of July, and it suddenly hit me that again, time has gone way too fast.

When we got home from the lake last weekend, I opened my email and found a note from Murray's school.  It was an email similar to those that probably every parent of a school-aged child receives this time of year; listing school supplies, dress code, back-to-school night dates, etc., but it was a first for me. 

That's when I realized: I am so not ready for this.  Murray is, but I'm not.

He went from this:


November 14, 2007

To this:



July 22, 2012

And to get from then to now, it's taken 4.5 very short years.

I know he will be fine, and even thrive.  Excuse the cliche, but he's just growing up so fast.  He has so much to look forward to, and as parents, we do, too.  We did bring him into this world knowing that some day, we'd have sit a bit farther back in the bleachers.   I'm just having a hard time letting go.

Murray is crazy excited.  He loves to talk about "St. Joe's" (his school) and all that he'll learn.  I'm excited for him, too, just a little bit anxious about entering this new whole world.

For now, we'll enjoy the rest of summer, and I'll keep writing on this blog, so that someday, when he graduates from high school and college, he can look back at laugh at what an emotional wimp his Mom was.

And, I suppose I should make a trip to Target for school supplies. 



No comments: