Beckerleg Family Update and St. Gianna's

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted.  I was on such a roll for a while, and then that crazy thing called employment happened.  Not to mention a child involved in school.  Why didn't any of you other parents warn us how busy life would get when the kid started school?  I can't imagine how you function with more than one kiddo at your home!

For instance, just today:

I worked, Craig was an election judge, (left home at 5:30 a.m.), Murray had a playdate at our house, an hour later the babysitter arrived, I went back to work for a meeting, then put in some extra work time, met Craig at school for our first ever parent/teacher conferences, we both went to vote, and finally, Craig and I snuck away for an adult beverage (we were home by seven - who can stay out late with all of this activity?).  Tomorrow is hockey practice, Thursday I have handbell choir practice, Friday is the family birthday party for Murray and his cousin, Saturday is Murray's friend birthday party, Sunday is Mass and the Veteran's Day celebration, and then, we start all over.

Granted, we won't have birthdays every week, but the holidays are right around the corner.  Here we go.

*************

Murray's conferences were awesome.  He's proficient in math, journaling, reading, sciecne, art, phy ed, music, and social skills.

*************

My new job is amazing.  This, in day two of being on my own, I love, love, love working at St. Joseph's School.  My days fly by, and I am slowly making my own way.

*************

Craig and I are again collecting donations for the second annual St. Gianna's Maternity Home fundraiser. Can you help?  We (Criag and myself) pay for all shipping costs and are more than happy to drive to pick up donations or pay you for postage if you would like to mail them.  We keep all of your information private and will provide a tax deductible receipt.  Contact us at marie.beckerleg@gmail.com or beckercr@mnstate.edu.  Following are two links; one, to get you to realize our mission, and second, to view their needs:
http://saintgiannahome.org/

http://saintgiannahome.org/needs.htm

This cause is near and dear to our hearts.  We would like to receive donations (including gently used toys and books) by December 15th, so that they'll arrive before Christmas. 

*************

Happy election day!

Peace!

No comments: