Westward

It's been a while since my last post.  The break from blogging wasn't intentional; life just took over.  I've been crazy busy at work, trying to keep some semblance of order in the house, etc., etc.

We hopped in the car on Friday afternoon to head "out west" (as Murray says) to spend some much needed quality time with my Dad.  We had a great time, but it was an adventure.  The trip was going smoothly until after a quick stop for gas.  We had just gotten back on the freeway, when suddenly the most horrible odor filled the car, leaving us all gasping for air.  Our oldest Golden Retriever, Nala (she's 13) had a terrible accident in the back.  What a mess. I won't go into detail, but it was NOT my idea of fun.  She's been having more and more accidents of late; we're chalking it up to her age, but a trip to the vet is in short order.

I was able to connect with some high school friends on Saturday, and it was just like old times, only we were all. . . well, older.  :) 

Murray loved my Dad's horse, and of course everything about his Grandpa Doug.  They did all sorts of things together; Craig and I were second fiddle.  He was all about Grandpa.  It warmed my heart to see the two of them enjoying each other.  I am already looking forward to our next trip "out west". 

The roads were treacherous coming home yesterday, but we made it, albeit a slow ride home.  Now we're back to reality. . . and a mountain of  laundry to prove it. 

Until next time.

No comments: