We're Number 2!

I don't know if I've ever been so happy for a Monday. The weekend was crazy. Craig worked until 10pm on Friday night, and Murray was still sick. Very cranky, wouldn't sleep, all around miserable. He cried so hard for about 3 hours that we finally took him in to the ER. After waiting for 2.5 hours, we gave up and took him home without seeing a doctor. He fell asleep in the car, thankfully, but that wasn't until 3am. We all woke up three hours later, packed up and headed to DL, as Craig's first game was at 9am. He dropped me off at the lake, where I tearfully handed over an exhausted baby to my grandma, and took a deep sigh of relief. I have a whole new respect for single parents. It was so comforting to have her take care of the both of us. It certainly wasn't Craig's fault that he was unable to help (he did as much as he could when he wasn't working), but dealing with a sick baby on your own really takes a toll after several days. Murray and I stayed at the lake on Saturday while Craig played in the tournament, and we really had a nice day. The weather was beautiful, so after a long nap for both of us, we spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach. Craig and I went to a team gathering on another lake for a couple of hours in the evening, while Murray stayed with Grandpa and Grandma. Bedtime arrived pretty early on Saturday night - blissfully.

Since the team won all three games on Saturday, the first game on Sunday started around 10. My thought was that Murray and I would watch the first game, and then head back to the lake until the tournament was over. I should have been thinking ahead, but (and this isn't mean) they usually don't advance as far as they did. I was a bit surprised (proud, too) when they kept winning. In past years, we usually don't even get a game on Sunday. It was so much fun to watch them play and win that I just couldn't leave (I know, I sound like a fair-weather fan). After six consecutive games without a break, they ended up taking second place. We qualifed for the state tournament in Hastings, MN, so it's pretty exciting, especially considering our past record. :)

We finally got home around 7, literally dropped our bags on the floor, put Murray to bed, fed the animals, and crashed ourselves. The good news is, Murray seems to be back to himself and this week looks to be a quiet one. I hope.

No comments: