Sleep? What is That?

I went to bed at 8:00pm last night and I don't think I moved a muscle until 6:00am this morning. I take that back, when Craig got up with Murray to go to the bathroom, little one crawled in with us and I did get stabbed by toenails once. But for sleeping that long, I wasn't bothered.

I don't know why I've been so exhausted lately. Life is grand; my family and friends are great, my job is great, I'm eating good foods, even exercising (a small amount) I'm happy. . .so what's the missing link? Maybe it's just adjusting to a new job, though the transition itself has been smooth. And no, before you ask, I'm not pregnant. Then again, maybe it's just that time in life when a person is on the go until you collapse into bed, only to wake up and do it all over again. Oh, don't get me wrong - this is life and I love it - I'm just tired. I'll chalk it up to chasing Murray around, and that's the part I wouldn't trade for anything.

That said, I'm taking a break tonight. I have a sitter and a date with a girlfriend (and former boss). I can't wait to see her (she does a fantastic Grover imitation) and catch up. We'll make it an early night, so hopefully, I won't be complaining about being tired tomorrow.

I read a sad article today about a man who "doesn't exist". Apparently, some Burger King employees discovered him outside their dumpsters one morning, wearing only his briefs and having no idea who he was or where he came from. This was in 2004, and experts across the country have worked on his behalf. He's the only missing person reported missing that's not actually missing. Apparently he's a bright, charming and kind individual, he just doesn't know who he is. Talk about a real-life soap opera. If you get a chance, google "the man who doesn't exist". It's fascinating.

It's quitting time, and I have to lock up. Hope all is well in your world - count your blessings!

No comments: