Red Tape and Rigmorole

I spent the last two-plus hours on the ND Unemployment website (a.k.a. UI ICE). I cannot believe the hoops I have to jump through to receive a very small sum of money each week. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy that they don't hand out cash to anyone who asks for it. I was just surprised at the amount of activity they monitor. I felt like I had to explain what I've been doing every moment since I was released from employment. Now that I have the initial red-tape paperwork complete, I have to report that I've applied for at least 2 positions weekly. It should be much less time-consuming from here on out.

So I've attacked that chore, and I'm sitting on my couch, guiltily watching "Wife Swap" re-runs. How pathetic can I get? That's a rhetorical question. Please don't answer it when you comment. :) Anyway, after applying for four jobs and dealing with the government, I feel like I have accomplished quite a bit for this morning. Unfortunately, I have a list a mile long today: bills, picking up after little one, getting my resume printed, laundry, present wrapping, etc. But you know what? I don't mind a bit. I'm really liking this work-at-home-mom business. I know it can't last, but I'm going to enjoy every minute. And besides, most people have to deal with these everyday tasks while employed!

If you get a chance, I was featured in The Forum in an article featuring parent blogs. You can check it out at: www.inforum.com I was honored to be included!

I can't end this post without mentioning Urban Hair, a new salon in south Moorhead. I've been friends with Lisa, the owner, for almost ten years and she's been taking care of my hair for a long time. They offer massage therapy, essential oils, special services, and of course, the best hair care in town. If you would like more contact info, let me know. I promise you won't find a more trendy, comfortable and reasonably priced studio anywhere. The grand opening is on Friday at 4:00pm - ribbon cutting, tours, and wine and cheese - all are invited. I don't mean to sound like a commercial, I just really think you will love Lisa, her staff and her salon. If you watch Valley Today on channel four or eleven, Urban Hair will be featured tomorrow morning.

Ok, I'm finally off to my chores. Have a blessed day.

No comments: